The Junior Achievement India Business Challenge (JAIBC) utilizes JA Titan, an online program that allows teams of high school and university students to act as chief executive officers of virtual manufacturing companies and compete to earn the highest performance index. The teams are prompted to make decisions that affect the profitability and sustainability of their virtual company and attempt to outperform their competitors in profit, sales, and market share. They set prices, determine production levels, invest capital in their facilities, plan marketing and research, and designate contributions to charities.
213 teams from 22 different schools and institutions participated from across the northern region in the coveted competition. JAIBC uses JA Titan to conduct this competition. The top eight teams that qualified for the final round were from:
- Mettlesome of Vivek High School Chandigarh,
- BVC Stunnerz of BhavanVidyalaya Chandigarh,
- Enterprising Minds of Guru Nanak Dev University,
- Lethal Combination of Kirori Mal College and
- ESINH of Budha Dal Public School. Finalists’ teams of
- Dalean Tycoons of Spring Dale Senior School,
- Holokings of University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University,
- Futuristic Tomorrow of DAV Public School were rewarded of cash prizes of 15000, 10000 and 5000 respectively.
Learning Paths School, Mohali being the partner school for Junior Achievement hosted the final round of JA India Business Challenge Competition (JAIBC) for Chandigarh region.